With over 700 million active monthly users, TikTok stands out as one of the best social media platforms that can help you to promote your music, and am going to show you how in this article.
But the problem is that TikTok was not created for music, considering the time frame it allows one to post their videos.
The platform is generally designed for people to do short viral clips, but even with that, so many people have used TikTok to achieve success in their music careers.
In fact, if done accurately, and your music is used as a trend on TikTok videos, it can generate so many streams and plays, both online and offline, and fetch you so much money; in addition to helping you become a successful artist.
Because of the short time frame for posting on TikTok, so many artists find it very hard to achieve successful music promotion on the platform.
In other words. TikTok will not allow you to promote your full track.
And if you are one of those who are faced with this challenge when trying to promote your music on TikTok, let me quickly show you 4 tricks you can use to promote your music on TikTok.
How to promote your music on TikTok.
There are so many ways of promoting your music on TikTok, but in this article, I am going to show you the following 4 ways:
- Start by creating a TikTok account and optimizing your profile.
- Create and upload a particular type of content.
- Use hashtags to make your content relevant.
- Start a trend with your music.
- Reach out to influencers to start a trend for you.
Now let’s see the explanations for the above points.
1. Start by creating a TikTok account.
The first step you have to take towards promoting your music on TikTok is to create an account and optimize your profile.
To create a TikTok account, you must do the following:
- Install TikTok on your Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- Open the TikTok app.
- Choose the way you will like to sign up, either by phone number or email address.
- Verify your age.
- Enter your sign-in details.
- Confirm your email address or phone number.
- Create your unique TikTok username.
- Complete the sign-up process and access your TikTok account.
Now move on to optimize your profile by especially adding a profile image.
The trick here is to ensure people are able to immediately spot that your account belongs to a musician.
So go ahead and add your short musician bio, and profile image – might be a clean studio photo shot or artwork of your recent release, etc.
Whatever you feel will make your account pass the message that you are a musician, do it.
2. Create and upload a particular style or type of content.
By uploading random content, you will make it hard for the TikTok algorithm to recognize your content and immediately push them out.
But if you stick to a particular style or type of content, you will be able to stand out on the platform.
So you really need to decide on the kind of content you will be creating and make sure it fits your style or genre of music.
You can even create content that has episodes, and after the end of each one, ask people to watch out for the next episode coming up in no time.
And make sure you bring the episode back in the anticipated frame of time.
Check out comedians and their skits, you will realize that so many of them are using the same clothes in all their comedy skits. And they are doing this in order to stand out.
Selina tested trend on YouTube because it was dropped in episodes. And one spectacular thing about dropping episodes is that even if people meet the episode halfway or even in the end, they will go back to watch the previous ones as a means of following up on the story accurately.
So use this knowledge to come up with a particular style or type of content you will be creating for TikTok.
3. Use hashtags to make your content relevant.
Hashtags are a very important tool that works very well in the TikTok community.
And this is because it will help your video to be discovered by users who follow the hashtag.
As a rule of thumb, make sure you stick to a particular hashtag on all your videos.
4. Start a trend with your music.
The next step in how to promote your music on TikTok is to start a trend.
Below are two outstanding ways to start a trend on TikTok for your music.
- Find dancers, if you cannot dance; and make them come up with a dance step for your music. Cut the most important part and use hashtags to share it everywhere online.
- Cut an important part from your music and use it to tell a narrative It could be about something that happened to you or someone close and became the inspiration behind your music. Make sure it is something that other people can relate to in their lives. And once these kinds get in touch with the trend, they will start to use your song to create their own version.
5. Reach out to influencers to start a trend for you.
Even if you can or you cannot start a trend by yourself; the easiest way is to reach out to TikTok influencers and have them start the trend for you.
Now I know the question you will be asking at this point.
WHO ARE TIKTOK INFLUENCERS AND HOW CAN YOU REACH OUT TO THEM?
TikTok influencers are those who have hundreds of thousands and probably millions of followers on their TikTok accounts.
We call them influencers because whatever they post or upload on their accounts will be seen by so many people.
Aside from their massive followers, the algorithm works to the advantage of these kinds because they are always posting one thing after the other every now and then.
HOW TO FIND TIKTOK INFLUENCERS.
To find TikTok influencers, cut your songs into like 10 parts; each having 15 seconds.
Look out for people that have hundreds of thousands of followers on TikTok and message them, asking them to help you use the song to create a TikTok video that may become a trend.
Be mindful of the fact that this is not going to happen for free. As a matter of fact, you will have to pay this influencer for this to become a reality.
Depending on your budget, you will just have to settle for those influencers who will charge what you can afford.
Before taking all the above steps to promote your music on TikTok, make sure you have your music distributed to all digital platforms so that when it begins to trend people will easily find and stream it.