In this article, I am going to show you how to distribute your music online through streaming platforms.
I recently discovered that the majority of upcoming musicians are finding it very difficult to submit their songs to digital stores.
And this usually happens because they are unable to meet up with the aggregator’s requirements.
Therefore, I am going to try as much as possible in this article to outline those basic requirements that will enable you to easily submit your songs for digital distribution
But In case you still find it difficult to submit your songs or want to save the stress of going through all those tiring processes, then you can reach out to us and we will help you submit it for a reasonable fee.
How do I distribute my music online?
To distribute your music online you need to do the following:
- Export your songs in the best possible high quality.
- Embed your metadata which will include and not be limited to the following.
- Choose the best music-distributing platforms.
1. Export your songs in the best possible high quality.
- It should be 24-bit (and not the usual 16-bit)
- 320 kbps (avoid 256 and 128 kbps.
- Most of the distributors do not accept mp3 files, and those that do will require you to export it in high quality like 128 or 320 kbps.
- The general format for music distribution on several platforms is WAV files or AIFF.
- 48 kHz is very necessary for music that will be used for video licensing.
2. Embed your metadata which will include and not be limited to the following:
- Track name
- Artiste name
- Album name
- Recording or release date
- Email address and website etc.
3. Choose the best-distributing platforms.
The 3 best-distributing platforms are:
- CD Baby
However distributing your music to digital stores is not the most important aspect of online music streaming, rather getting streams from those songs.
Because if you are not getting streams then you will never be able to make the money you should.